As you may know, it is the dreaded exam season. I’m in Y13 so I’m in my 2nd year of A-Levels/BTEC Level 3s and due to me taking A-Level Maths, I have exams (the first of which was on May 17th). I would say that I am reasonably experienced with the whole exam ordeal as this is now my 4th consecutive year of doing exams and due to this I thought that I would share my tips of what I do to prepare for an exam the night before and on the day of an exam.
It is hard, I really do know but there are some ways in which you can get yourself prepared both physically and mentally for an exam.
These tips are all down to my personal opinion. You can change them to what is beneficial for you and to suit your needs and your lifestyle.
The Morning of an Exam
- Wake up at a good time.
- Ensure that you allow yourself enough time to take your time with everything to minimise stress.
- HAVE BREAKFAST
- Ensure that you have everything ready for your exam and for your day. (Or double check from the night before)
- Leave a bit earlier in case of any delays due to traffic. Better to be early than late
- Try to get to your exam location early
- Get yourself into the zone with music
- Stay away from stressful people
- Go to the toilet and keep hydrated before (and during the exam)
- Get to your exam hall/room with time to spare
- Keep calm (I know it’s stressful but it won’t be for too long)
I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope to see you again soon when I post next.