I turn 18 on May 19th (Which is in under a week when this is being posted, I am actually writing this on May 4th for convenience). I thought that I will share with you some of the things that I am most looking forward to when I turn 18. Lets Go.
Turning 18 is a massive deal in the UK and even though there are some things that we are allowed to do at 16 and 17, there are a lot of things that you can do at 18 that you couldn’t do before
Things I’m Looking Forward to When I Turn 18
- Something that is at the top of literally everyone’s list (Or almost everyone’s list) is that it is legal to buy and consume alcohol (You could have some alcohol with a meal at 16 and you could have some at home at an earlier age but at 18, it is officially legal to purchase and consume alcohol)
- The Vote (My 18th birthday lies before the snap general election on June 8th, which is absolutely amazing). I have been looking into everything in regards to the election and I have visited Polling Stations on a number of occasions with my dad. This is my first chance to actually be allowed to make my own democratic decision on such a huge scale. I am so happy that I will have a say on such a huge matter like the general election as I can be involved in changing the shape of the country instead of everyone making the decisions and all I could do was spectate.
- Parental consent no longer necessary as I will be a legal adult
- I can buy fireworks
- I am allowed to watch 18-Rated Movies at the cinema.
- I am allowed to go in the 18+ section of arcades
- I can get a tattoo if I want to
- I can open a proper bank account
Ideas and inspiration came from http://lifestyle.allwomenstalk.com/exciting-things-that-you-can-do-once-you-turn-18
I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope to see you again soon when I post next